At Explorium, we have been running design sprints for business units, customers, and startups. We’ve learned a few things along the way about how to excel with this strategic tool.
What is a Design Sprint?
A Design Sprint is a unique five day process for validating ideas and solving big challenges through prototyping and testing ideas with customers. The book “How To Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days” (by Jake Knapp) refers to it as:
“The ‘greatest hits’ of business strategy, innovation, behavioural science, and more — packaged into a step-by-step process that any team can use.”
In five days, the Design Sprint will help you to:
- Understand. Map out the problem and pick an important area to focus.
- Ideate. Sketch out competing solutions on paper.
- Decide. Make decisions and turn your ideas into a testable hypothesis.
- Prototype. Hack together a realistic prototype.
- Test. Get feedback from real live users.